SSI Extended Range Nitrox Course: The SSI Extended Range Nitrox Program bridges the gap between recreational and technical diving. Diving is a technical sport, even from Open Water Level. We are breathing a compressed gas, underwater, using a breathing apparatus, and have to ascend at a certain rate to ensure our safety when reaching the surface. We also stop at 5 meters to off gas. Going past the recreational limit is no different, you are ascending at a certain rate and stopping to off gas. Some courses you can still use your own recreational gear, along with a small stage tank, just like a deep course.
As an XR Nitrox Diver you will be qualified to dive to 40 meters using nitrox with up to 15 minutes of accelerated decompression. You can also use one stage decompression gas (Richer nitrox or oxygen). The program can be completed wearing a single cylinder system with a pony bottle or a technical total diving system.
The course is run with one night of theory and 3 days for confined water training and 4 boat dives. You will progress through skills to complete decompression stops, stage tank use and gas planning and management.
COST : $595.00
$200.00 deposit on receipt of manuals and the balance at the commencement of the course.
- Have a minimum certification of SSI Deep Diver Speciality or equivalent from any other recognised agency.
- Show poof of twenty-five (25) logged open water dives .
- Be a minimum age of eighteen years of age.
Course Dates : Usually run on demand and to fit in with scheduled charters
- Instruction by a Experienced Technical Dive Instructor.
- Certification to 40 meters with up to 15 minutes accelerated decompression
- Use of stage tank with rigging
What’s not included:
- Charter Fees *course is perfect for 2 dives on the Key Biscayne Oil Rig
- Participants are encourage to invest in the equipment required to conduct these types of dives. The instructor can discuss these with the participants prior to enrolling in the course.