- One island in Vanuatu, more than any other attracts divers like a magnet – Espiritu Santo. The majestic beauty of Santo is what inspired James A. Michener to write his classic “Tales of the South Pacific.”Approximately 50 minutes flying time from Port Vila to Santo, Air Vanuatu operates daily services between the 2 islands.
- Santo is from a time past. People still come from within the jungle to trade for a few basic necessities, then blend quietly back into the shadows, amongst the remains of crashed B17 bombers, deserted Dakotas and old WWII hangars and storage shelters that are scattered in the thick tropical jungle and serve as silent reminders of the American occupation of the island.
- During the Pacific Campaign of WWII over 100,000 allied troops and support staff were stationed on Santo and the time they spent there is still evident today. Other wrecks and remains from the war lie below the surface of the clear blue waters. One of the major diving drawcards of Santo is the S.S. President Coolidge, a World War II troop transport wreck.
- The 298 metre long 22,000 tonne former luxury liner turned troop ship, complete with munitions, military supplies and personal belongings is one of the largest and most accessible wrecks in the world.
- Return Airfares & Taxes Ex Brisbane via Sydney & Port Vila to Santo with Air Vanuatu
- 8 nights twin share fan cooled accommodation. The Deco Stop – Santo
- Return airport transfers in Santo
- Continental Breakfast daily while staying at The Deco Stop
- 12 dives including SS President Coolidge & Million Dollar Point
- Dives with Santo Island Dive: include tanks, weights & guide
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Travel Insurance
- Meals other than specified & spending monies
- Any Excess Luggage Surcharges
- Airfares to & from Brisbane
- Pre & post accommodation in Brisbane