The Advanced Open Water Diver Course introduces you to several specialised diving activities.
It allows you to become familiar with diving in different conditions and gets you into a wider variety of aquatic environments.
The Advanced Open Water Diver Course focuses on diving adventures with little or no class room sessions. Home study allows the course to be extremely flexible and can usually accommodate even the busiest schedule.
Five dives are made in different areas such as deep diving, night diving, etc. This Advanced Diver training certification allows you to dive to a maximum depth of 30m.
Deep and wreck Dive on the 30 meter purposely sunk Gemini Wreck Mindarie image below
2 Boat Dives/ 3 Shore Dives
This course runs approximately once a month. See our Calendar.
The Gemini Wreck – 30 meters
$200.00 deposit on receipt of manuals and the balance at the commencement of the course.
Open Water Certification or equivalent – It is NOT necessary for students to have completed any additional dives since the Open Water Course and it is acceptable for them to start their Advanced Diver Course training immediately following completion of the Open Water Course.
This Course is available to Open Water Divers as Advanced training and Instructor supervision is included in the trip. Experienced divers are welcome and specialist courses such as Wreck Diver and Deep Diver courses are also available during these dives depending on numbers.
The cost to complete ALL dives for those already Advanced trained is $279.00 plus fills and gear hire.
ADVANCED COURSE STRUCTURE
|Saturday : We conduct two training dives, Naturalist & Navigation Dive.|
|Sunday : We depart for the Gemini Wreck from the Mindarie Marina at around 8.00 am first dive being the Deep Dive, a surface interval and followed by the Wreck Dive.|
|Weekday Night Dive – Meet at a predetermined location as agreed by instructor and participants based on weather conditions for local night dive. Includes Instructor brief and course review.|
|Note : Divers needing equipment can collect it from the Dive Store prior to the dives.|
Instruction by a Experienced Dive Instructors.
- Wreck Dive – Gemini Wreck
- Deep Dive – Gemini Wreck
- Night Dive – Shore Dive
- Navigation Dive – Shore Dive
- Naturalist Dive – Shore Dive
- All Boat Charter Fees
- Advanced Training Theory
- Advanced Certification to 30 meters
- Air fills
- Scuba Equipment (Equipment hire is available for a discounted rate of $39.00 per day for the weekend – $78.00 total). Some hire torches are available but we only have a limited number.
- Students also need to supply a Slate, Knife and Whistle. If students are using their own Scuba Diving Equipment they must have a dive computer, compass, two cylinders and a Torch. It is mandatory that a suitable Night Diving Torch is used.
- NOTE Enrolled students are entitled to a 10% discount (excludes tanks) on equipment purchases at the Store.
$ 200 deposit required to secure booking and obtain online elearning materials.